Thursday, November 25, 2010

Shield of Faith

Faith does not consider a report against God's promise.
Eph 6:16 "in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one."

Deut 33:29 The Lord is the shield of your help
Ps 3:3 The Lord is a shield about me.
Ps 5:12 The Lord surround me with favor as with a shield
Ps 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield
Ps 119:114 You are my hiding place and my shield

We extinguish flaming arrows with the shield of faith.
How?
A shield blocks.
How do we block flaming arrows? 2 Cor 10:3-5 explains.
1. Destroy speculations
2. Reject every thing that comes against the knowledge of God.
3. Reject every thought captive in obedience

So when a thought comes against a Scriptural promise it is rejected and instead the Scriptual promise is accepted.

Idle thoughts are put aside to allow communion with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment