Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fight for Faith

1 Tim 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith.
1 Cor 9:24-27 Competing to win the prize
Our goal is to win
we are to compete
exercise self control and train
have an aim.
Don't fight aimlessly. Have an opponent
Train your body.
Don't serve your body, train your body to serve you.
Phil 1:30 Experiencing the same conflict which you saw in me, and now hear to be in me.
1 Tim 1:18 by the prophecies previously made we fight the good fight.
2 Tim 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith;"

the fight is in my mind. Am I gong to believe God and His word or am I going to back down in fear? From this fight I reach out in works for God. Works from faith is righteousness. Works to please man is religious.

I win the fight in my mind through prayer, Bible meditation and Bible study.

1 Peter 2:11
"Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts which wage war against the soul."
We war against fleshly lusts which war against us.

Who and What do I fight? The world, the flesh and the devil.
When do I fight? All the time.
Why do I fight? To live for Jesus. To live a righteous life. To live in the spirit and not the flesh.
How do I fight? with my mind also through prayer, Bible meditation, and Bible study.

We fight by using the shield of faith.
We fight by standing. Which is accepting the promises of God over circumstances.


Not all we do is a fight. So the many things in the Christian life are not all fighting. For instance, I am not fighting when I am resting in God's presence.

The fight is when there is opposition to what I am doing. Faith is a promise that is not realized in the flesh currently. So the fight is to get it there, or to believe till it comes.

Solider - defense and offense
farmer - planting watering and waiting
athlete - training, competing, winning

Take hold of eternal life
Living in the kingdom of God and not just in this earth. Colosians 1:13 The fight to get beyond the flesh to the Spirit of God. Take hold is acting on the promises.

Humility in fighting. God normally flips everything upside down weakness is strength, the poor are the ones rich in faith, he who loses his life for Christ's sake will save it etc.

Much of the fight is in the mind.

Stand using the armor
Stand believing the promises of God

No comments:

Post a Comment