Friday, March 20, 2015

Use God's Word




The Word of God does the work of God.
1 Thessalonians 2:13 “For this reason we also constantly thank God that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but for what it really is, the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe.”

I use the Word as vitamins or medicine in working in my body to strengthen me. I also use the Word to sooth my soul. I read over it and meditate on it and let the ideas work their way into my mind. After thinking on them new understandings come to me, many times from the Holy Spirit. I say many times because we always need to judge our thoughts and test them against God's word.

I believe God's Word is full of power and is effective in guiding and helping me. God's Words are life. John 6:63

God's Word can become a consuming fire.
Jeremiah 5:14 “Therefore, thus says the LORD, the God of hosts, "Because you have spoken this word, Behold, I am making My words in your mouth fire And this people wood, and it will consume them.”

The Word of God are effective. Don't use God's Word without God's love. Faith works through love. Galatians 5:6 Speak for grace to help the people. Ephesians 4:29

The power of God's Word will shatter rocks and burn away what is between us and God.
Jeremiah 23:29 "Is not My word like fire?" declares the LORD, "and like a hammer which shatters a rock?”

I see rocks as like a part of a mountain (a type of obstacle to God's provision), and the Word of God shatters the rocks or  obstacles before us. Isaiah 41:15

Speaking God's words brings life.
Ezekiel 37:7 “So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold, a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to its bone.”

Here is a great prophecy of Israel's army regaining life. We also can speak God's words by the Holy Spirit to bring life to ourselves and others. John 6:63; Job 22:28; Matthew 9:21

There is power in God's word for salvation.
Romans 1:16 “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.”

Sometimes speaking Scriptures by the Holy Spirit will bring Salvation. My mom was brought to salvation by a nurse quoting Ephesians 2:8,9 to her. I was saved by John 3:16.

The Word is used as a sword to attack in battles of the spirit.
Ephesians 6:17 “And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”

I tell the enemy the authority given to me by using Scriptures. Ephesians 3:10 I speak to the problems I face with Scriptures. I speak to myself with encouragement from the Scriptures.

The Word shows what is of the spirit and what is of the soul.
Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”

With honesty we can see by our attitude if we are right with God from the Scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment