Sunday, November 20, 2016

Believing God: Verses from John #5


Bald Eagles 

 John 11:42
“I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me.”

Jesus didn't need to pray this prayer before He raised Lazarus from the dead. He already believed and had the authority to do the work. He prayed so others would believe.

 John 11:48
“If we let Him go on like this, all men will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation.”

A life lived for God will cause others to follow. Therefore, we will receive persecution from those who don't believe.

Is there evidence to show you believe?

 John 12:36
“While you have the Light, believe in the Light, so that you may become sons of Light.” These things Jesus spoke, and He went away and hid Himself from them.

Don't wait to believe. Hear and believe right away. If you wait, you might lose your opportunity.  Don't let the birds eat the seed newly planted in your heart. Don't let time cause the word you heard to fade away. Luke 8:5 When you hear a message that speaks to you, pray for God to make it real in your life.  Prayer will solidify what you hear. Then confess what you believe. 2 Corinthians 4:13 Then go and do it. James 1:22

Becoming sons of light follows belief. We are sons, but we won't live as sons if we don't believe.

Do others know you believe?

 John12:39,40
For this reason they could not believe, for Isaiah said again, 40" he has blinded their eyes and he hardened their heart, so that they would not see with their eyes and perceive with their heart, and be converted and I heal them."

The parable of the sower deals with a heart that won't receive the word of God. Mark 4:20 (See my booklet on this.)

 John12:44
And Jesus cried out and said, “He who believes in Me, does not believe in Me but in Him who sent Me.

When we believe in Jesus we also believe in God the Father. They go together.

John 12:46
“I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness.

Jesus is the light. His word is light. Psalm 119:105 As we walk in the light we have fellowship with others. 1 John 1:7 Darkness is in the realm of Satan. His people prefer the dark. John 3:20,21 Believe Jesus and start walking in the light He gives.

The answers to life come from the understanding or light that Jesus gives.

 John 13:19
“From now on I am telling you before it comes to pass, so that when it does occur, you may believe that I am He.

We  have the testimony of the Scriptures. When we believe, they are true and active in our life.  As you study the Bible you will find many prophecies that have been fulfilled and will have much to believe in.

  John14:1
“Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.

Make a decision not to be troubled but to instead believe what God has said. It is a decision to believe and not be troubled.  Study Philippians 4:6-9. (I have a study on this passage soon to be posted.)

John 14:6 “ Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”

We come to the Father by believing in Jesus.

Jesus had a number I Am statements.
John 6: 35, 48 I am the bread of life.
John 8: 12, 9:5 I am the light of the world.
John 8: 58 Before Abraham was, I am.
John 10:9 I am the door.
John 10:11 I am the good shepherd.
John 11:25 I am the resurrection and the life.
John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life.
John 15:1 I am the true vine.

 John 14:10
“Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.

Jesus taught under the authority of the Father. We can believe what Jesus said because we know Jesus is the real deal.

 John 14:11
“Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves.

Believe Jesus because of what He said, or believe because of what He did.

No comments:

Post a Comment