Monday, January 1, 2018

Notes from Psalm 81



Blacked Capped Chickadee 


What are the benefits of hearing God?

We would order our way to His ways.
Worship with, singing, shouting, raise a song, strike the timbrel & lyre, harp, blow the trumpet. Ps 150
Have special times for celebration worship. Such as Christmas and Easter. Taking communion.
Do these with joy and shouting. Ps 34
Remember what God has done for us in the past.
A key part of faith is remembering what God has done and He will do it again. 2 Chron 16:7-9
No strange gods among you or worship them. Ex 20:4,5
Speak as God directs. Ex 4:12; Deut 18:18, Ps 50:4

God would quickly subdue our enemies. Isa 54:17
God will turn His hand against our adversaries. Rom 8:37
We would be fed from the finest of the wheat. Ps 84:11
We would have honey from the rock. Deut 32:13

Psalm 81:13,14

There are many benefits to listening to God.

O that people would listen to Me,

“O” It is the desire of God for us to listen to Him. He could of said if instead of “O”. But then it would just of been a statement. God longs for us to listen to Him. It is His desire for us to spend time in His presence.

“That Israel would walk in My ways.”

Song of Solomon 1:4 “Draw me after you and let us run together!” A verse referring to married love. God wants to have that closeness with us as we have closeness with our spouse.

It is not only listening but walking in the ways of God. We listen so we can live accordingly.

Victory comes quickly for those who listen and obey.

Psalm 81New American Standard Bible (NASB)
God’s Goodness and Israel’s Waywardness.
For the choir director; on the Gittith. A Psalm of Asaph.

81 Sing for joy to God our strength;
Shout joyfully to the God of Jacob.
2 Raise a song, strike the timbrel,
The sweet sounding lyre with the harp.
3 Blow the trumpet at the new moon,
At the full moon, on our feast day.
4 For it is a statute for Israel,
An ordinance of the God of Jacob.
5 He established it for a testimony in Joseph
When he went throughout the land of Egypt.
I heard a language that I did not know:

6 “I relieved his shoulder of the burden,
His hands were freed from the basket.
7 “You called in trouble and I rescued you;
I answered you in the hiding place of thunder;
I proved you at the waters of Meribah. Selah.
8 “Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you;
O Israel, if you would listen to Me!
9 “Let there be no strange god among you;
Nor shall you worship any foreign god.
10 “I, the Lord, am your God,
Who brought you up from the land of Egypt;
Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.

11 “But My people did not listen to My voice,
And Israel did not obey Me.
12 “So I gave them over to the stubbornness of their heart,
To walk in their own devices.
13 “Oh that My people would listen to Me,
That Israel would walk in My ways!
14 “I would quickly subdue their enemies
And turn My hand against their adversaries.
15 “Those who hate the Lord would pretend obedience to Him,
And their time of punishment would be forever.
16 “But I would feed you with the finest of the wheat,
And with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment