Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Making Truth Effective - 3 - Revelation of Truth



Receiving Revelation from the Lord.

Revelation 1 John was in the Spirit on the Lord's day and received the book of Revelation. It is putting our minds on the spirit of God that opens us to receive from God. When we allow our minds to stay on the things of the flesh that we miss out.

Psalm 119:130 “The unfolding of Your words gives light;
It gives understanding to the simple.”
John 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.”

When God's light comes to us with understanding it sparks life within. Often I would read the Bible as if in a race to get through it. It is when I read the Bible to prayerfully ponder its meaning over and over that I receive light. Bible memory helps me in pondering Scriptural truths as I go throughout the day. Some say they can't memorize. Can you memorize your phone #? If you can, you can memorize.

What enables us to see this light of the Spirit? John 3:3 “Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” It is being born again that enables us to see. What has happened to me is I go to sleep spiritually and don't act and use what I have.

John was in the Spirit on the Lord's day. It was a day dedicated to serve and worship God. It is when I live for  God that I am able to see what the Lord has. When I live for myself nothing happens.

Matthew 18:3 “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.” When I am able to not argue or debate Scripture, but instead accept it, then I am on the road to revelation.

There is a difference to saying you agree with an idea and believe it. I move from agreeing with Scripture to believing it by mediation and following.

No comments:

Post a Comment