Thursday, January 1, 2009

Revelation 3:18

I have been meditating on Revelation 3:17,18

"Because you say, "I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing," and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked,

I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see."

My meditation is accomplished by writing Bible studies.

I was working on this last year and was led to finish it.

There are 10 points to v. 18

#God advises us
#buy from God
#buy gold
#refined by fire
#become rich
#buy white garments
#clothe yourself
#cover shame of nakedness
#buy eye salve to anoint eyes
#eyes to see


#God advises us
If Jesus advises us to do something, it would make sense to follow that advice.
The Bible is God's advice to man. Study to show yourself approved. 1 Tim Listen to God and He will give you what is good to eat. Isa 55

I am looking into this verse because of the tendency of my life to mirror the aspect of being lukewarm. I don't want to be lukewarm, I desire to follow God fully. If that entails a complete life change than so be it. I desire to be a follower of Jesus and not just a also ran Christian that doesn't do anything but the expected.

I will put more of these on as I finish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment