Friday, October 22, 2010

Faith Can't Coexist with a Double Mind

Faith can't coexist with a double mind James 1:6
"But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like a surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind."

Asking in faith is believing that what you ask for will be granted to you. If you doubt, you won't get anything. The tossing of the sea is not being able to decide what is from God and what isn't.

It is important to know what you are asking for is God's will. After that is discerned then pray with all you got for the answer.

Some people pray saying, "if it be Thy will." This is a mistake. We should know the will of God before we pray. Then pray. The Bible will show us the will of God.

I find the key to belief is trusting God to tell me if I am on the right tract or not. If I couldn't trust God to guide me then I would be paralized and unable to function.

So what do I do with doubt?
When I respond with doubt what faith I had is killed and my service to God is stopped.
If you have doubt, pray about it till you have the answer. Don't treat Christianity  like a to do list. Don't put off the life of the spirit because of opposition. Life with Jesus is life itself. Phil 4:6,7

If you have doubt get in the Word and pray over it. Stay in the Word till you have the answer one way or the other then act in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment