Sunday, January 30, 2011

Faith lives Crucified

Galatians 2:20 ~~I have been crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live. yet not I but Christ lives in me. And the life that I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.~~

1. Crucified with Christ
2. Live as Christ lives through me.
3. Live by faith in Jesus in the flesh
4. Jesus loved and gave Himself for us.

What does it mean to be crucified with Christ?
Gal 5:24 Defines those who belong to Christ.
~~They have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.~~
That is we do away, make no provision, ignore, reject.
Now we need water, clothes, food, shelter.
- What we do for the flesh is maintenance.
In practicality if we put what pleases Christ 1st we won't have much time for other things.

But if we put Christ first and haven't crucified our flesh we will burn out because we are not able to do the things we desire. Instead put aside the desires of the flesh and go full bore for Christ. Don't look back to please the flesh. Push on to be pleasing to Christ.

Then how are we refreshed and not burn out in the work?
Ps 119 revived in the word
I revive myself in quietness in nature.

What is the difference between reviving myself with natural means and reviving myself spiritually.

Jesus said His food was to do God's will and accomplish His work John 4:34
Jesus anointing came from the wilderness as the Holy Spirit led Him. Let God refresh you. We all need times of rest. Mark 6:31

No comments:

Post a Comment