Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Heart after God



What are your plans to keep your heart from growing cold?

Rehoboam had been unfaithful to the Lord. 2 Chron. 12:2 Many times I find myself distant from the Lord and sluggish in doing the work of the Lord. I don't want to be like this. I want to be a servant of the Lord and follow Him fully. Yet I get sidetracked in the mundane things of life and get off the track of living for Him.

Not only that but major problems will come to me at times. Will I fall during these hard times?

Later in this same chapter of 2 Chron. 12:14 it states that Rehoboam did not set his heart to seek the Lord. I think this is the key to a walk with the Lord. Are we going to make Jesus Lord of our life? Or are we gong to make Jesus just a part of our life? How we respond to trouble will show if Jesus is our lord or just there, so we will look good to others.

Life presses us at times. And when we are squeezed, what is in will come out. David set his heart to follow God through thick and thin. Psalm 57 speaks of real trouble. Yet David has decided to have his heart steadfast in God. Ps 57:7

Let us not be of those who shrink back to destruction Heb. 10:39, but those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

Lord I know in my heart there is no good thing if I don't make a place for You. Let me always look to you both when life is good and also when life is hard.

Psalm 57:7-11
7 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises!
8 Awake, my glory!
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.
9 I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to You among the nations.
10 For Your lovingkindness is great to the heavens
And Your truth to the clouds.
11 Be exalted above the heavens, O God;
Let Your glory be above all the earth.

Third Day I Have Decided To Follow Jesus

1 comment:

  1. "Life presses us at times. And when we are squeezed, what is in will come out."

    Good word Scott!

    ReplyDelete