Monday, February 2, 2009

Rejoice in all Attempts to Preach the Gospel

Philippians 1:18 “What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed; and in this I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice, “

In my discipline of guarding my mouth, this verse shows complaining about how church is done, or how the gospel is preached is not right.

Paul made a decision which he emphasized that he will rejoice in the preaching of the gospel.

I will do the same thing. I will rejoice that the gospel is preached in each church. I will rejoice that the gospel is preached on TV,. I will rejoice that the what I have to do is to add to the work Christ is doing.

Now maybe I have an insight to an approach. That does not make others wrong unless they are directly contrary to Scriptural teaching. It is that God reaches to people in different approaches.

The test is: Is Jesus magnified?

Complaining does not magnify Jesus. Point to Jesus and be a light.

2 Corinthians 13:5 “Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you--unless indeed you fail the test? “
We are to test to see if we are in the faith. If we aren't magnifying Christ but speaking against Christian teaching we are not expressing faith. Heb 3:1 says Jesus is the high priest of our confession. If we are not confessing what Jesus wants then our words are not productive. If we work with Jesus I.E. led by the holy Spirit in what God is doing we can create life as we speak.

That is not to say we should stick our heads in the sand and ignore problems. But idle complaints are useless. Our concerns should be brought to prayer. Phil 4:6f

That way we can take the devils attempt to destroy and make life out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment