Thursday, December 18, 2014

God Leads

 photo IMG_0241_zps6b69fa60.jpg
Psalm 139:9,10
“If I take the wings of dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.”

The Holy Spirit brought to my mind the phrase in a hymn, “He Leadeth Me”  by Joseph H. Gilmore 1862

“Whate'er I do, whaer-e'er I be, Still tis God's hand that lead-eth me!

He led-eth me, he lead-eth me, By his own hand he lead-eth me:
His faith-ful fol-l'wer I would be, For by his hand he lead-eth me.”

I can trust God to lead me by His hand. It doesn't make any difference where I am or what I am doing God will lead me.

Because God leads by His hand, I want to be His faithful follower.

The famous Psalm 23 talks of God's leading. Verses 2 & 3 “He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.”

Again there is a promise of God's leading. We can be led into the place of rest. We can be led into a place of God's quiet waters. A place where we can be nourished and fed.

The thing about God's leading is our willingness to listen to Him. Spend time in quietness and listen to the Lord.

We can trust in God. He will protect us as well as lead us. In Ex 3:20 and Ex 7:4,5 God is showing His strength by His hand against the Egyptians. God brought miracles and judgments against the Egyptians to guide them out of bondage. God also will lead us by His mighty hand out of bondage to a life of peace and fulfillment in living for Him.

Therefore we can trust His leadership. He does not lead us to folly. He leads us to a place of provision. We don't have to be slaves to sin, Romans 6:14 “For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.”

Read the Word of God and gain insight to His strength for you. Spend time considering the passages that speak to you. God will show you the path of life from these passages that bring light to your way. Proverbs 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment