Monday, December 22, 2014

Take Advantage of What God Has Given


Photobucket

Isaiah 42:1-3
“Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold;
My chosen one in whom My soul delights.
I have put My Spirit upon Him;
He will bring forth justice to the nations.
2 “He will not cry out or raise His voice,
Nor make His voice heard in the street.
3 “A bruised reed He will not break
And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish;
He will faithfully bring forth justice."

This is a prophecy of Jesus. v1 was fulfilled in the part of the Holy Spirit coming upon Him. Matt 3:16,17

We also have the Holy Spirit. When we were saved we were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise. Eph 1:13 And the promise of the baptism is for all who will accept it after salvation. Mark 1:8; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:2-4. Some would say it is presumptuous to say we have what Jesus had on earth. Yet that is the truth. What Jesus had in Israel 2000 years ago we have today. We have the same ability and power and fellowship available to us. 1 John 4:17

It is false humility to say we are just poor pilgrims traveling through the earth holding on till Jesus comes for us.

It is taking the talent we have received from God and burying it in the ground. Matt.25:24,25 Don't ignore the promises of God for us today. Apply yourself to learn, believe and use what God has given. 2 Cor 1:20

v2 Have we failed to understood God because of His gentleness? He uses His word to teach us. He accomplishes all things by the word of His power. Hebrews 1:3 Don't miss God because He is not in your face rebuking you. Ask yourself, "Am I walking in obedience to God's leading?"

It is not with harshness that God deals with us. Yet there is also severity with the kindness of God. Romans 11:22

God is gentle with us and loving. Turn to Him and follow His leading. You won't regret it.

Matthew 11:28-30

“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment