Monday, December 8, 2014

Hearing God's voice, what is involved?


John 10:27
"My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me.”

Hearing God's voice, what is involved?

My sheep. It is God's sheep that hear God's voice. Are we God's sheep? Many would say yes but don't try to hear His voice. It is not just that the sheep of God will hear His voice if they need to. They will also hear His voice when God wants to direct us.

It says that the sheep of God will follow Him. Are we following Jesus? When God moves do we move with Him? He may want to do something and we aren't listening. We need to be listening to hear.

Is there so much noise in our life that when God speaks, we can't hear? I know in my experience there is. I need to get the noise out of my life so that I can hear. What do I mean by noise. It is not just TV, Internet, movies, sports, music that I am talking about.
Our flesh screams loud if it is not under subjection to our spirits. Romans 12:1,2 talk of making our life a life a sacrifice for God instead of living for the lusts the world offers. It is putting aside the lusts of the flesh that will make a major step in being able to hear God.

We listen to what we want to listen to. Change your wants by putting your mind on the things of the Spirit instead of the things of the flesh. Romans 8:5-8.

And God knows us. Our knowing God and His knowing us is important in this hearing business. Hear God and talk to God in prayer. Do we have time for God? Do we have time to read the internet, or watch movies? I would say most do. Then we have time for God.

Earlier in this chapter it says Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly. Life with God is better than life away from God. Serving God is better than serving yourself. We were made to live for God. Freedom comes as we live for what we were made for.

Live for God and you will come to know God better. You will talk with Him and be His friend. In John 14 it talks of the Father and Jesus coming to live with us as we live for God. Then we will commune with Him and He with us and there will be life.

You will hear God then. You will hunger for God and seek for Him by reading His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment